Site Content

Additional Resources on Campus

Please feel free to reach out to a trusted professor, staff member, Resident Advisor or friend. If you would like to seek out additional assistance, feel free to get in touch with the following departments on campus:

STAMP – Substance Misuse Prevention Program, 414 Benson Center, 336.758.4371

The STAMP Program utilizes a comprehensive and inclusive approach to addressing alcohol and substance abuse related problems at Wake Forest University and in the surrounding community. We invite and encourage the university community to join with us through task forces and coalitions to employ multiple strategies including:

  • Providing education, assessment, and treatment
  • Changing the normative environment
  • Promoting alcohol-free social options
  • Developing alcohol policies
  • Increasing the consistency of enforcement from RA’s to police
  • Infusing curriculum with substance related issues
  • Training students, faculty, staff, and parents to recognize symptoms of alcohol and substance abuse issues and make appropriate referrals on and off-campus
  • Assessment and evaluation of initiatives

Student Health Services, Reynolds Gym, 336.758.5218

The staff provides confidential care for alcohol related emergencies 24 hours a day during the academic semester. Students can bring a friend who has had too much to drink to Student Health Service. If a student needs medical attention and cannot get to the Student Health Service, call 911 to dispatch Wake Forest’s Emergency Response Team and University Police for immediate medical care and transportation assistance. Other services include urgent care, illness care, physical examinations, medications, laboratory tests, psychiatric care, allergy injections, routine immunizations and routine gynecological services. Referrals to community specialists are made when necessary.

Health Educator, 332 Benson Center, 336.758.5937

The Health Educator is available as a confidential resource for questions or concerns on a variety of health topics including alcohol and other drug. She is a resource for seminars and individual consultations on health issues such as nutrition, eating disorders, substance abuse, contraception and sexually transmitted diseases.

University Counseling Center, 118 Reynolda Hall, 336.758.5273

The University Counseling Center assists students to deal effectively with personal, interpersonal, vocational and academic issues. The Center offers a wide range of services including individual and group counseling, testing, seminars and workshops, consultation, self-help resources, and referral assistance. In emergency situations after hours (excluding holidays and summer), Counseling Center staff can be reached by calling the Student Health Service (5218). For problems related to substance abuse, the Center offers initial consultation and referral for evaluation and treatment; counseling groups for students with family alcoholism or other substance abuse histories; and consultation for those interested in approaching a friend with a substance abuse problem. All services are confidential.

Chaplain’s Office, Reynolda Hall, 336.758.5248

The university chaplains and campus ministers are available for pastoral counseling on a variety of issues (e.g., relationships, stress management, vocational discernment, spiritual formation).

Residence Life and Housing, Benson 101, 336.758.5185

The RL&H office can provide assistance with any housing issues (i.e. – roommate issues or problems with your RA).

University Police, Emergency – 336.758.5911, Non-Emergency – 336.758.5591

The University Police have several resources for students with concerns regarding alcohol, other drugs, and crimes on campus. Silent Witness, Crimestoppers, and Victims Advocate are available to students.